Tuesday, April 1, 2008

today is the first day of the rest of your life

wow! it's April already. I'm feeling a bit lost -- as though someone stole the first three months of my year.

I have a choice this morning, as I sit and contemplate my day. I can feel regret about lost days, or I can feel optimistic, something I haven't felt in quite a while.

like many of you, I use landmarks and milestones in my planning: the first day of of the year, the first day of the month, the first day of the week, etc. so today, on the first day of April, I'm going to make a choice to live life.

instead of looking back and regretting the time lost to illness in February and March, I'm looking forward to all the days I've still got left this year. I've got 274 more opportunities to eat right and exercise. I've got 274 more chances to be productive and resourceful. I've got 274 more days to have a positive impact on my health and fitness.

how about you? how can you change the rest of your life......today?

No comments: