Thursday, November 3, 2011

Join Velo Girls on AIDS/LifeCycle in June 2012

Hey friends + fans!  Have you ever imagined how incredible it would be to ride your bike every single day for a whole week?  Maybe even ride all the way from San Francisco to Los Angeles (it's all downhill, don't you know)?  And, in the process, raise funds + awareness for the San Francisco AIDS Foundation?  Yeah, we have, too!

As a matter of fact, many Velo Girls members are alumni of AIDS/LifeCycle (and its predecessor event the California AIDS Ride).  I started riding my bicycle again in 1999 to participate in CAR7.  I hadn't been on a bike in over a decade.  I was woefully not fit.  I smoked and drank.  And I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but it sounded like a BIG challenge, and I was all about BIG challenges at the time so I signed up.  And it was a life-changing experience.

If you're looking for a life-changing experience, if you want to do something really good for your body and your community, and do it with a supportive group of women, then join the Velo Girls team for ALC 11.   We'll train together.  We'll fundraise together.  And we'll support each other on this incredible journey.

And if you prefer a support role, you can participate as a roadie -- one of the hundreds of crew people who make the entire event happen -- from bike techs, to rest stop staff, to massage therapists and lunch crew.  It's hard work but your contribution makes it possible for the riders to ride their bikes each day.  Roadies aren't required to fundraise (but are encouraged to do so).

Sound like fun?  Learn more at a special Velo Girls AIDS/LifeCycle info meeting on Thursday, November 10th at 6:30pm at the Presidio Sports Basement.  RSVP to Lorri@velogirls.com




No comments: