Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Calling all Cowgirls (and boys)

Hey everybody! We still need some volunteers to help out with the Hellyer Hoedown on Friday night. If you've got an hour or two or four, I can put you to work. We need folks to help set up in the afternoon, folks for registration, folks to ring the bell during the races, and folks to help at the gate (to smile and keep folks from entering the track at unsafe times).

I'm also looking for folks who can bring a dessert or two (cookies and brownies are great) when they come to the races.

If you'd like to fulfill that Cowgirl or Cowboy fantasy, throw on those boots and a 10-gallon hat and let me know you can help out!

Lorri@velogirls.com

4 comments:

Kimberly (aka. DrKim) said...

Lori,

I just realized I'm going to BE in the San Jose area friday night (on business in route to another business trip)....so maybe i can convince my friend to drive us down to Hellyer! It would be fun to just watch a cycling event for once! I'm in my mid season break, so I won't even feel guilty about not riding.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Doc Kim! Definitely come. You'll see lots of familiar faces and it will be so much fun. And since you're on break, you could even have a beer!!!

Ippoc Amic said...

we'll bring some sweet things

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

ooh! thank you for sweet things....