Monday, April 9, 2012

30 Days of Biking Day #9

Today was an adventure.  Two of my beautiful teammates and I headed down to Laguna Seca to ride the Sea Otter Classic cross country course.  We've all raced it in the past.  It was actually my goal race in 2007.  I'm not racing it this year but wanted to ride it to re-familiarize myself with the route before next week's SOC Women's Rides.

I haven't spent much time on the dirt in the past couple of seasons.  My technical skills are rusty.  My brain wouldn't shut up.  I was unhappy but my teammates made everything better.  I had a stupid mechanical which we were proudly able to MacGyver.  We giggled and took photos and rode and ate and had a great day.  We inadvertently cut a couple of miles off the route but didn't care.  The views were (as always) spectacular.  I saw a bobcat (the first time I've seen one up close + personal) and we all saw a horny toad (aka horned lizard).  And as my brain was swirling with negative self-talk, I resolved to ride more dirt and get my skills and confidence back up to par.  I've got a plan and will make it happen.  Thank goodness for awesome teammates who only laugh at me when I tell jokes, not when I do stupid stuff on the bike.

http://www.plus3network.com/activity/Sea-Otter-pre-ride-almost/1755829



Believe it or not, this FIXED my problem.  

ps -- if you'd like to see more photos from the day, head on over to the Team Velo Girls Facebook page -- https://www.facebook.com/teamvelogirls

No comments: