Tuesday, January 1, 2008

crawling into the new year

it would've been great to do an epic ride to start off the new year, but that wasn't going to happen today. I woke up with a bit of a cold this morning. I get a cold about once a year, so I decided to use Zicam and try to fight it.

My teammate Kim and I, along with my pup, Julie, headed up to Brisbane to support the girls at the San Bruno Mtn. Hill Climb. I brought cookies I'd baked yesterday -- had to get them out of the house or I'd eat them all!!!



Sarah, Jenny, and Lala were racing, along with Sarah's hubby, Rick. we arrived in time to cheer them on during their warm-up, offer some last-minute advice, and socialize with other racers we haven't seen in months. all three Velo Girls did great and I was very proud.

click here for more San Bruno Photos.

post-race, Kim and I headed over to Burlingame for a late breakfast and then a trip to the park with Julie. my head was feeling stuffed so we decided not to ride today. hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

No comments: